If you are at all mumbly, uncertain, insecure, or afraid of your finals read my special tips!
If you feel good, please move on, as you know what to do!
My strategy [whether you take it or not]
- Focus. Set three 2-3 hour sessions per final to study.
- Focus. If you say ‘oh I’m busy I can’t study!’ I say, ‘It can probably wait. You really want to risk your grade like that? You really can’t wait 5 days to do that?”
- Synergy. Work with a friend or classmate. I’m not studying alone for my finals! You kidding me? It’s so heavy and having that friend or acquaintance will help with *couch FOCUS
- Focus. Unless you’re that kid and have enough inheritance or investing know-how I want to see you tell all your professors this final grade isn’t important to your future career candidate attractiveness
- Sleep. Having all this time to study, you will be so much better if you sleep 7-10 hours every day during finals week/study week.
- Sleep. Any nap less than 40 minutes/up to 40 minutes is so helpful. If you are stressed, upset, mad, stuck, demotivated, tired, worn out, burned out but you have to do more work today, take that nap.
- Nerd out. The only way I’ve gotten past any hard classes was to spend a long long time with the material. That means being a nerd and doing every problem in the book, three times. Maybe not that bad but I have done that for chapters.
- No energy drinks, limit caffeene, less junk food, and try not to socialize random stuff like how much you hate the final or where you’re going on break.
But! If you have convinced yourself that you have no use for a good final grade than feel free to ignore everything above! :D